Dell Drivers & Downloads official website allows the user to download the firmware, device drivers. It also provides some software applications for other devices such as Networking devices, Dell PCs, Storage, Tablets, Servers, Mobile devices, Projectors, Monitors, Printers, etc. Dell also recommends you to download and install the device drivers for other Dell devices, tablets, printer, and your Dell PC directly from the Dell Drivers & Downloads website.
Downloading the software or device drivers and installing the same from any unknown sources will block the device to function properly, crash the computer or even not to boot your OS (operating system), or even infect your computer with malicious software, Trojan, or virus.
Installing Device drivers using the Dell Download Manager
You can follow the below instructions to download and install the updates, firmware, and drivers on your system with the help of the Dell Download Manager.
Locating your Device drivers
- Open up a web browser and visit the Dell Support Page (Dell Product Selection webpage).
- Input your Express Service Code or Service Tag number and press the Submit icon.
- Now, choose your appropriate device from the available list under the General Support section.
- Within the Dell Drivers and Downloads webpage, you are provided with three different options to locate the device drivers:
- Expend the entire device driver categories by using the arrows.
- Filter your options or results by selecting from the drop-down lists.
- Press the Analyze System icon for the updates and follow the instructions.
Download the Dell Device Drivers
- Press the web link to download the file.
- Select the options named “Use Download Manager” and press the Continue icon.
- Please understand that the single-file download will start to download its corresponding file with the help of a web browser instead of the Dell Download Manager.
- User needs to agree with the terms and conditions provided by Dell Download Manager with EULA (End-User License Agreement) by pressing the Agree button.
- Store the file to your preferred location on your local HDD (Hard disk drive or computer).
- Your driver file will automatically start to download from the server.
- It is possible to resume, cancel, or pause the downloading file at any time.
In case, if this could be the first time to utilize the Dell Drivers & Downloads webpage then it is required to install the Dell Download Manager first to use the application.
Installing the Device Drivers
Follow the below instructions to install the Dell device drivers:
- Once the driver file is downloaded, press the Install icon.
- From the existing dialogue box, press the Open option.
- In case, if you have installed any other security or anti-virus software on your computer then it will prompt to allow the installation by pressing the Yes icon.
- It is required to confirm your required device driver name and tap the Continue button from the application dialogue box.
- Choose your preferred folder location to unzip the driver files and click the Ok button.
- If you would like to choose a different folder to save the files such as Documents or Desktop then you need to write down or copy its address.
- You will receive a pop-up message to create a new folder, press Yes to create a new one. If you are prompted to overwrite the existing folder then press the Yes to All button.
- After successfully unzipping the files, you can press the Ok icon to close the confirmation dialog box.
- Within the Windows Explorer’s address bar, you can type or paste the folder address (in which the unzipped files are saved) and hit the Enter key.
- Double-tap the Setup application (.inf or .exe file extension) to install the device driver.
- Press the Yes icon, if you are prompted to allow the program by security program or anti-virus software.
- Follow the instructions provided within the Device Driver Installation Wizard to complete the installation.
- Reboot your system to apply the changes to take immediate effect.
Dell Driver Update Utility
If you prefer to utilize the Dell Drivers & Downloads on your computer then it is required to install the Dell Driver Update Utility software. We all know that it can easily browse and locate the appropriate drivers for your Dell device or Dell computers. The incompatible or a wrong driver installed on your computer that may cause errors and corrupts the program. The Dell Driver Update Utility or the Download will make the entire things much easier.
Instantly, you can scan the drives installed on your computer to check the driver issues and automatically download the correct drivers for installation. Most of them prefer to use a one-stop and one-click Dell Auto Drivers to download and use the Update Utility, similar to Driver Talent. The Utility program can identify the problematic drivers on your device and offers accurate solutions like “Repair”. To download the best-matched device drivers and install the same to resolve the incompatible, missing, broken, or corrupted drives. The Update is used to update the latest or current driver versions.
Driver Talent program can be installed to assist you with one-click download & installing the Dell Drivers for Windows 7, Windows 8 / 8.1, Windows Server, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 10 operating system with 32-bit or 64-bit. Even on Driver Talent official website, you can receive the license key to use the Dell Driver Update Utility. Press the Free Activate icon and input the free license key (activation code) to enjoy a free lifetime license along with its entire features.
Dell Driver Update Utility Usage on a Windows PC
Driver Talent can be used to download & install the entire Dell drivers such as Dell Inspiron drivers, Dell Drivers for Windows 10, Dell Bluetooth driver, Dell Inspiron n5110 drivers, Dell Sound driver, Dell Inspiron n5050 drivers, Dell Webcam driver, Dell Printer drivers, Dell Touchpad driver, Dell e6410 drivers, and many other Dell supportive drivers.
You can follow the below-provided instructions to install the appropriate drivers for your Dell devices by using the professional Dell Driver Update Utility software:
- First of all, it is essential to check the entire Dell driver problems along with other supportive driver issues as well.
- Launch the Driver Talent software and scan your system. It includes the safe and instant scanning ability to check the entire driver problems on your computer.
- Download the Dell Drivers and update the same. Once the scanning is completed, you can view the list of driver’s status and the solutions. It will automatically download the best-matched driver version and install the same for your devices and hardware. Press the Update icon to install the outdated drivers to the latest versions. In case, if the outdated device drivers are working fine then the Driver Talent software will not suggest or force you to update the drivers.
- With regards to the USB drivers including the USB mouse & keyboard drivers, Dell Webcam drivers, and Dell printer drivers, you need to utilize the “Peripheral Drivers” from the main menu to install the device’s USB driver.
- Restart your system. After installing the device drivers, it is mandatory to restart your system to apply the entire changes to take effect. Many Dell Device drivers require a clean reboot to function properly.